This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Thursday 9 April 2015

sex discrimination: a rant

Oh, do keep up.


Honestly, LGBT is so last year.


According to the Community Information Centre of Ottawa, Canada, we're up to LGBTTQ+

now.


I love that +...I don't know if it's a sign of open-mindedness, irritation, or despair.

Anyway, LGBTTQ+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirited, 

intersex, queer and questioning.


It makes me realise that I have rather a lot of questioning to do, myself.


Oh, but I am grateful for that +. I'm hoping it'll keep me up to date for a few months, at least.


Word To Use Today: plus. This word comes from the Latin word meaning more, or in greater 

number. The theory is that it comes from the Proto-European pele, which might have meant to 

fill.






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.