This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Wednesday 9 October 2019

Nuts and Bolts: just between us.

This post is for people who speak English but experience occasional grammar anxiety

Well, that's most of us.

So: when does one say between you and me and when does one say between you and I?

Well, that's easy. One says between you and I when one doesn't understand the rules but has a vague feeling that I sounds rather classier.

Between you and me is, however, standard English.

So there we are: one worry fewer.

Good day's work.

Word To Use Today: grammar. The Greek word grammatikos means concerning letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.