This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Thursday 31 May 2018

The discourteous thief: a rant.

I picked up the phone the other day to hear an automated message telling me that due to security issues with my internet service provider my internet connection would be disconnected in twenty four hours.

If this was going to cause problems, I was asked to dial 1.

I must admit that I was deeply upset by this call. I mean, if a criminal wants to take over my computer, steal my identity, and cream off lots of money from my account, you'd think that at least they'd have the simple courtesy to phone in person.

Wouldn't you?

Word To Use Today: cream. This word comes from the Old French cresme, from the Latin crāmum. The word was Celtic before that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.