This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Friday 24 May 2019

Word To Use Today: temperature.

I think I've got a temperature...

...well, of course I have. Even dead people have a temperature, although it tends to be low.

What I really mean, of course, is that I think I have got a fever.

Ah well. 

I suppose the great thing is that I feel only half dead.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Word To Use Today: temperature. This word came into the English language in the 1500s, when it meant a mingling. It comes from the Latin word temperātūra, proportion, from temperāre, to temper.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.