This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Saturday 3 August 2019

Saturday Rave: Fire and Ice by Robert Frost.

Here's something small but at the same time infinite.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

I'd say that this is one worth learning off by heart. Then it'll be yours forever.

Word To Use Today: fire. This word was fȳr in Old English and goes all the way back to the Greek word pur.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.