This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Wednesday 18 January 2017

Nuts and Bolts: semasiography.

I use a semasiographic recording system in my Books I've Read Journal. 

No, no, it's all right. I just mean I give them star ratings. Out of five, as it happens.

Semasiography is the very ancient method of noting things down by some means that doesn't involve forms of speech.


:)

Like this:




or this: File:Quadratic formula.svg
(image by Jamie Twells)

or this:
File:Philippines road sign R3-8.svg



Isn't it great when something turns out to be much simpler than it sounds?

Thing to Use Today: a piece of semasiography. This word comes from the Greek semasia, meaning, plus the other Greek word graphia, writing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.