This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Thursday 14 June 2018

A New Job: a rant.

The advert that popped up on my computer caught my attention because it was directed specifically at people in my area. 

It's always slightly creepy when the internet knows where you live.

DO YOU WORK ALONGSIDE THE INDUSTRY'S MOST PASSIONATE PROFESSIONALS?

Well, no, not really. As a writer I work alone, mostly - which is good, on the whole, because working with passionate professionals sounds exhausting. I mean, passionate? I'd rather work alongside someone who's pleasant, business-like and efficient. 

DO YOU GET INVOLVED IN UNIQUE NETWORKING EVENTS?

Um...well, occasionally, I suppose. But it's a terrible nuisance. I mean, I'm generally trying to get a book written.

I DO. BECAUSE I WORK FOR HERTFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL.

Ah, I see...

...well, at least I now understand why the council are having so much trouble filling vacancies that they're having to advertise on the internet, anyway.

Word To Use Today: vacancy. The Latin word vacāre means to be empty.





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.