This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Thursday 9 July 2020

Cultural Appropriation: a rant.

I would like to apologise for the cultural appropriation displayed in this blog.

Sadly, as the word apologise is basically Greek, and the words cultural and appropriation and display are basically Italian, I'm not sure how I can do it.

Word To Use Today: um...blog? That's probably fairly universal. It's short for web log. The word web is Old English (as are the words I, would, like, to, for, the, in and this) and no one knows where the word log comes from.

Mind you, before these words were Old English they came from Germany and Scandinavia - and the word I might even ultimately have Hittite origins. So I really have to apologise for them, too. 

But I can't.


1 comment:

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.