This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Thursday 30 December 2021

Agreeable Opposites: a rant.

'It doesn't matter when they come,' said my daughter, 'as long as they're safe.'

To which, the statement being in the larger scheme of things true (it's all right for those who don't have to do the catering!) I answered Yes at precisely the same moment as my husband said No.

And were all three of us in perfect agreement.

I still hope that one day I'll really get the hang of this language stuff. 

But there's not much sign of it, so far. 

Word To Use Today: yes. The Old English form of this word was gēse, and before that it was iā sīe, which means let it be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.