This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Thursday, 29 May 2014

A Public Convenience: a rant.

On a door in The Bridgewater Arms Public House in the village of Little Gaddesden, Hertfordshire, there is a sign which says:

ACCESSIBLE TOILET

Well, that's a relief.

But is there also an inaccessible toilet, that's what I want to know. 


I think I might take a rope and some crampons next time, just in case.

Word To Use Today: accessible. This word comes from the Old French accessus, an approach, and before that from the Latin cēdere, to go or yield.

 

2 comments:

  1. I wish you could have sounds with the comments, cos I'm laughing like a crazy fool here!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Jingles. It made me lauigh, too.
      I certainly wouldn't have changed that sign for a boring DISABLED one, if that's what they meant. On the other hand, perhaps the other loo IS half way up an oak tree guarded by psychotic ferrets...

      Delete