This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Sunday 23 August 2020

Sunday Rest: Karen. Word Not To Use Today.

As far as I understand it, a Karen is a not very well educated and not very intelligent white woman who is given to complaining.

I don't know of any term to describe a not very well educated and not very intelligent black, yellow, green, brown, red or blue woman who is given to complaining.

But if I did I wouldn't use those, either.

Word Not To Use Today: Karen. I don't know where this word originated, but Karen as a girls' name is a short form of Catherine that has been popular in Denmark since Mediaeval times.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.