This blog is for everyone who uses words.

The ordinary-sized words are for everyone, but the big ones are especially for children.



Thursday 4 May 2017

Being fruity: a rant

I was looking for somewhere to visit over the Easter weekend when I came across an intriguing event on www.wherecanwego.com.

Conexion [sic] & Contact...Desire...in Waltham Cross.

Learn to connect with yourself, and embrace your pears. Disconnect your mind, an let you go. Listen to your body, your senses, your feelings. Learn to improve your relations...

Well, most of my relations could do with a bit of improving, so I made a bee-line for the fruit bowl and had a go at embracing some pears.  

I think I must have been doing it wrong, though, because none of my family show any signs of becoming less eccentric. 

Ah well. 

I probably needed to go to the event.

Word To Use Today: pear. The Old English word for pear was pere, and before that the Latin was pirum.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very welcome, but please make them suitable for The Word Den's family audience.